Lake County Fairgrounds & Event center Solar Array expansion
18 May 2018 | By: Realgy, LLC
Lake County Fairgrounds & Event Center, Grayslake, IL has recently incorporated an addition to their solar photovoltaic (PV) system more than doubling the size and efficiency of the current system.
Realgy, LLC has announced the start of usage with the new 99.84 kilowatt (kW) roof installation. Lake County Fairgrounds & Event Center, operated by Lake County Fair Association, is home to many popular events including the historic Lake County Fair. The fair will be celebrating its 90th Anniversary this July with the help of the new solar array. Jon Brodzik Jr, the General Manager of the Lake County Fairgrounds & Event Center, said, “The expansion is more than welcome and we are all looking forward to its usage and the events surrounding it.” The destination’s significant space allowed the capability of higher production to be more than just a day dream. With the help of Eco Solar Solutions, the goal to expand has been made a reality.
Eco Solar Solutions completed the new addition. “This project will provide great environmental benefits to the local community, and we’re ecstatic to have been part of the team to make this happen. We will be maintaining this system for the next 20 years to make sure that it continues to operate,” said Paul Szczesny, President of Eco Solar Solutions.
Realgy, LLC is a choice energy supplier in Illinois and selected LCF for both the initial and expanded project. Lake County will receive all solar energy produced by the panels. With its popular events comes high consumption that leads to environmental disadvantages. Renewable energy sources such as PV arrays help to combat those issues. This expansion will save LCF approximately $12,000 each year while improving the environment and safety in the area as follows:
- The Lake County solar PV system will produce over 121,324 kW hours (kWh) or enough power to supply about 11 average Illinois homes every year for the next 25 years.
- Some environmental and safety benefits associated with this array’s solar energy production:
- Over 84 thousand pounds of carbon dioxide WILL NOT be produced over the initial 25 years of operation.
- The level of offset emissions is equal to planting over 6,500 trees.
- Over 327 thousand pounds of coal would be necessary to produce the same amount of electricity.
- Reduction of 328 half- ton trucks used to transport that coal annually means less trucks on the road and less pollution from those trucks.
“We are happy to be partnered with Lake County on such a great endeavor,” said Michael Vrtis, President of Realgy. “Realgy is pleased with the extension of this project and the boundless support of the municipality. We look forward to everyone coming together with us for this Solarbration.”
Please join us at the Lake County Fairgrounds on May 18th, 2018 at 1 PM for this celebration.
GreenMark Public Relations
Lake County Fairgrounds & Event Center
1060 East Peterson Road
Grayslake, Illinois 60030
Eco Solar Solutions
675 Oakwood Avenue
West Hartford, CT