Index Pricing is a variable or floating price, which changes every month according to the designated market variable. The market variables most commonly used are NYMEX and INDEX. Realgy Energy Services uses a local INDEX as the underlying variable as it has been traditionally less than the NYMEX. See Realgy Online Reports.
Under the Index Pricing Service Plan your energy price will fluctuate directly with that of the NYMEX or INDEX gas market.Changing to a Fixed Price when market conditions are favorable can be done with one call at no additional cost to you.
A Price Comparison, will be provided that compares all the costs of the local utility serving your energy needs compared to all the costs for Realgy to supply the same energy.
- Your energy price fluctuates directly with the open market.
- The Proposal Price Comparison is guaranteed to accurately illustrate the difference between the utility available service and Realgy Energy Services.
- A choice of usage type (Fixed or Open) based upon your expected usage and forecast of market conditions. With either choice, your usage changes will not result in penalty charges.
- Your energy purchases are actively managed to secure a lower cost.
- Enrollment in our exclusive PriceWatch™ service included in your Service Plan.
- Switch to a Fixed Rate at any time without cost.
- The natural gas energy price is publicly traded, under several indexes, and can be readily tracked.
- Supplies are purchased based on industry standard, market-sensitive pricing indexes.
- Guaranteed delivery of natural gas supplies, regardless of use. Use Guide: • Commodity signals are decreasing or showing signs of weakness. You want to participate in tomorrow’s lower energy price.
- You can measure savings over the contract term.